Ski the NW Rockies is a non-profit trade association representing the Inland Northwest snow sports industry, including four ski areas and industry retailers. Ski the NW Rockies is comprised of four local, accessible mountains, all within 100 miles of Spokane. Silver Mountain, 49° North, Lookout Pass, and Mt. Spokane all offer affordable winter fun for the whole family.
49 Degrees North took a giant step into the future with the launch of an all new Doppelmayr High Speed Quad Chairlift, a beautiful new Maintenance Shop, further expansion of our snowmaking system, and the addition of new runs.
Further significant upgrades to our point of sales systems across the entire resort, including the online store, will make for an improved guest experience.
Health and safety guidelines focus for guest safety ensures an environment that puts guest safety and comfort at the forefront and will remain agile and adapt as guidelines change.
A full winter operating season is planned, but given COVID, adjustments may be needed. Expectations include.
- Increase capacities from last season, but probable limitations at times
- Lift tickets sold online for those who want to plan ahead, and guarantee availability specifically weekends and holidays.
- No issues last year with maintaining more than adequate social distancing on the slopes and indoors.
- Distancing, inside and out, his will be constantly monitored this season with the objective of creating safe access for additional users.
- Expect a full food service at all of our F&B venues this season, based on current health and safety guidelines, and with managed capacities.
- A brand-new high-speed quad. Industry leader Doppelmayr and their team have spent the summer and fall constructing the 6,644 foot long, 900HP lift that extends from the base area of the Central Basin, just west of the main lodge, to the summit of Chewelah Peak. When opened this season, it will be the longest high-speed quad in the Washington State, extending over 1.25 miles, and will cut ride times to the summit in half. It parallels the existing Bonanza fixed grip double chair while unloading just above the old lift. Bonanza will remain in place until the spring of 2022, when it is slated for removal.
- Midway onload for Bonanza (chair 1) is permanently closed. However, new terrain is opened
- Below Beaver Slide, in the zone formerly known as Boot Hill. There are now 5 runs that extend below Beaver Slide between Silver King and the old midway station of Bonanza.
- Hole in the Wall and Carpet Bagger have been extended, and now cross Beaver Slide for even more turns.
- Flowing downhill to the east of those runs, guests will find Gunslinger, Gambler, and Tin Star, along with new gladed spaces between each of the runs.
- At the bottom of each of these runs and glades, guests will find Pine Marten, another new trail that will transport traffic out to the bottom of Silver King.
- The expansion of the snow making system continues and now extends further up Silver Ridge, all the way to where Blastface meets the Silver Ridge.
- The outcome being creation of a good base and potentially opening earlier, as well as helping Mother Nature hold onto our snowpack later into the spring.
- The Rental Shop has added more new skis and boards to enhance the experience of guests young and old. This includes a new High Performance Demo fleet for enthusiasts looking to test the latest skis and snowboards.
- The Snowsports School continues to tweak their offerings for students of all ages. This season brings new options for participants that have moved beyond the beginner stage, as well as new snow play programs for the little ones that include daycare, a little skiing or snowboarding, and time to play in the snow!
- Dining options continue to be expanded
- A new beverage and snack venue last season, the Yard Sale Grab & Go, provided guests a new option to pick up coffee, snack or mobile friendly meal at the pickup window on the main lodge deck.
- Pablo’s Taco Revolution, our new taco truck. We’re focused on giving our guests great options, whether they choose to sit down and eat inside, enjoy a bite on the deck or at their car, or take it straight to the lift.
Stay up to date with the mountain at www.ski49n.com, sign up for our newsletter and follow us on social media.
Mt. Spokane Ski & Snowboard Park
Mt. Spokane Ski & Snowboard Park is gearing up for a great season on the slopes! Outdoor recreation proves to be more popular than ever with a growing number of visitors. Our team is dedicated to delivering an exceptional experience for our community and has been working hard to prepare the mountain for a stellar winter season.
Mission-first Focus: Lessons & Programs
As a nonprofit ski area, our mission is first and foremost—to create lifelong mountain experience for generations to come. To do this, we offer a robust lesson and program for youth and adults. This year, in addition to group and private lessons, we’ve expanded our ever-popular multiweek and camp offerings as well as added a Friday Night Club Shred program so that parents can hit the slopes while kids learn lifetime skills on the snow. This year, there in online registration for all lessons and programs.
Mountain Investments & Lift Renovations
Expect to see changes on the mountain this year from a new website, easier online ordering, new web cams, mountain signage, and more! Biggest of all, we are making a $1 Million Investment in Illuminator (Chair 2) and giving it an overhaul by replacing the Drive Terminal. Illuminator is center to the mountain and this investment will ensure that we continue to provide reliable service all-year-long to our many skiers and riders.
Making Turns Seven Days a Week
We’ve expanded 7-day-a-week operations from December 18 through mid-March! We will be operating all week long, including Mondays and Tuesdays! That means more turns, more powder, and shorter lines.
New Food & Beverage Options
We are investing in our restaurant service. Check out new menus and offerings this season!
Passes and Lift Tickets
To ensure a great experience for everyone, Mt. Spokane will continue to limit to the number of people on the mountain each day. Season passholders will have guaranteed daily access to the mountain. Discount season passes are still available through November 11. Daily lift tickets will be available to purchase online and must be purchased in advance. Watch for ticket specials online throughout the season.
What makes Mt. Spokane different?
Unlike other resorts in the region, Mt. Spokane Ski & Snowboard Park is a non-profit 501c3 organization. That means we are a mission-focused mountain, driven with purpose—to deliver lifelong mountain experiences for generations to come. We are a community, a family, and no matter your skill level, you are welcome here. Your dollars not only help operate the park but create programs, activities, and opportunities to teach and promote outdoor recreation.
Silver Mountain enjoyed a summer full of ripping mountain bike trails, scenic gondola rides, and family fun in the water park. Here are the improvements guests can expect to see on the mountain this year:
- Two brand new Pisten Bully groomers were added to our fleet. One of them is a Winch cat which will allow us to provide more consistency to our grooming.
- Improved early-season conditions thanks to our new D3 cat with a mulcher. This has helped us brush cut our steeper runs and glades, allowing us to open more terrain sooner.
- A new glass cover was installed over our conveyor lift that services the beginner run and tubing park. This cover shields riders from the harsh winter elements and will make beginners’ first days on skis and tubers experience much more enjoyable.
- Silver Mountain is once again a member of the Powder Alliance. Season passholders can redeem up to three free visits at each of the 15 other resorts in the program.
- Season passholders will have unlimited access to the mountain. However, we will only sell a limited number of lift tickets on weekends and holidays to make the guests experience more enjoyable. If you are planning on riding on a weekend without a season pass, plan ahead and purchase your tickets in advance.
Chair #2 on the MT backside of the mountain is being upgraded from a double to a triple. This is huge increasing capacity by 33% but also removing the center bar that wasn’t the most family friendly load. It will also make it easier for our instructors when teaching as some awesome Beginner and intermediate terrain is available on Chair #2. This is also a key linchpin in our expansion to Eagle Peak as this chair will provide transport for guests to get back to the lodge and parking lot on the front of the mountain after experiencing the new terrain.
We have a team of loggers out in the process of cutting all 14 New Trails that comprise the New Eagle Peak Expansion. When finished. Lookout will be offering Cat Skiing adventures by reservation this winter so guests can experience these new trails. A Quad chair (that the mountain has already purchased) will be installed next summer to provide lift served access to these trails for next winter.
Information and details of all Lookout Pass options including costs and how to make a reservation on a new website in early December and for reserving Cat Skiing in Mid-January.
Covid-19 update – please check www.SkiLookout.com for updates and policies which align the state of Idaho and Shoshone County Community Health. Our objective is to keep our spaces clean, always do what is necessary to make for a safe and enjoyable experience for both our guests and employees.
What makes Lookout unique:
- Operate in two states and two time zones. Drive your smart phone or watch crazy make turns right on the border. You’ll soon know why we say “life is Better Lived on the Border at Ski Lookout Pass.”
- Snow – we get the most snow in ID averaging over 400 Inches a year.
- Impeccable grooming, Quality snow is the key ingredient but skilled & experienced groomers make the mountain shine.
- A real family focus. The best value in the region with truly affordable rates for all aspects of skiing including Season Passes, Lift Tickets, Lessons and Rental equipment. Even our food is reasonably priced.
- The oldest Ski Area in Idaho going into our 87th season having started in Dec. of 1935.
- Top Quality Lessons offerings including Private lessons by appointment in our Ski School.
- A historic treasure in the Lodge which was initially built by the CCC.
- The Nations’ longest running – Free Ski School program for kids.
- 1st timers program and 3 day learn to ski programs with dedicated chairlift just for beginners!
- Affordable season long rental equipment packages.
- The longest natural Halfpipe at over 1000 ft in length.
- FREE Parking.
- One of the easiest drives to a ski area in the country with Interstate I-90 all the way to our exit.
- Located just 200 yards off I-90.
SkiNWrockies.com / 509-621-0119 voice / firstname.lastname@example.org