Ski the NW Rockies is a non-profit trade association representing the Inland Northwest snow sports industry, including four ski areas and industry retailers. Ski the NW Rockies is comprised of four local, accessible mountains, all within 100 miles of Spokane. Silver Mountain, 49° North, Lookout Pass, and Mt. Spokane all offer affordable winter fun for the whole family.
49 Degrees North is looking ahead to the 2020/2021 winter season. The team has been hard at work this summer with snow making expansion, point of sale update, renovations and more. Though this season will look a little different, 49 Degrees North is working hard to prepare with guest safety, comfort, and satisfaction in mind.
A full winter season is planned with some adjustments
- to our lodge capacity and guest services.
- Lift tickets will be sold online for those who want to preplan.
- While acreage is plentiful, we must be able to follow capacity guidelines.
- We will not be able to guarantee availability of lift tickets for purchase on location during higher traffic dates such as weekends and holiday periods. The best way to guarantee access will be to purchase lift tickets in advance through our website.
- We will have full food service in the lodge with both the Quickturn Café and Boomtown Bar.
- We will have reduced seating capacity to provide adequate social distancing.
- Overall capacity for all indoor spaces will be reduced as well.
- More details about our COVID regulations and guest expectations can be found at ski49n.com.
The snow making expansion project is almost finished and we are looking forward to turning on the new snow guns soon! This project will more than double our acreage, which gives us the opportunity to make more snow higher on the mountain allowing for better conditions earlier in the season
The Rental Shop has added new Performance Rental skis and boards alongside our standard rental equipment. We will also have an all new Demo fleet for those looking to test the latest skis and snowboards.
The Snowsports School is offering new lessons packages for all ages with more options for families, including Private Group Lessons. There will be additional options for start times in many of our group lesson programs, with offerings staggered throughout the day to limit crowding.
The Quickturn Café and Boomtown Bar will be using a new point of sale system that will help streamline guest ordering.
For those interested in the daily snow and grooming report, the website will have a new interactive trail map to show which trails are closed, open and groomed. This will be a great reference for both 49 regulars and guests new to the mountain. This map can be found at www.ski49n.com/mountain-info/trail-status
Stay up to date with the mountain at www.ski49n.com, sign up for our newsletter and follow us on social media.
We will see you soon at 49 Degrees North Mountain Resort, where winter is at its finest!
Mt. Spokane Ski & Snowboard Park
At Mt. Spokane, we have been working throughout the year to create protocols to ensure the health and safety of our community. We have had to rethink every process on the mountain—from concessions to lift lines. Following state regulations, face coverings will be required, as well as distancing protocols. There may be a few changes mountain-wide that we all will need to adhere to—but the experience will make it all worth it.
Mission-first Focus: Lessons & Programs
As a nonprofit ski area, our mission is first and foremost—to create lifelong mountain experience for generations to come. This begins at the foundation with robust lessons and programs for youth and adults. This year, we are rolling out a wide variety of group, private and specialty packages—all taught by our experienced ski school team.
Making Turns Seven Days a Week
In January and February, we will be operating all week long, including Mondays and Tuesdays! That means more turns, more powder, and shorter lines.
Breathe Easy: Extended Lodge Hours
New this year, Lodge 1 and Lodge 2 will be operating seven days per week. We are extending indoor operations to allow for more physical distancing for the health of our community.
Thinking Outside of the Box: New Ancillary Spaces
This year, we are focused on the outdoors. We are adding two outdoor bars, outdoor eating areas, outdoor tents, and group spaces, as well as outdoor lockers.
Food & Beverage
We have brought on celebrity regional chef, Chad White, to make big kitchen changes this year! He is bringing to life a new food and beverage menu, focused on mountain flavors and local brews.
Passes and Lift Tickets
To limit crowd sizes, Mt. Spokane is setting a limit to the number of people on the mountain each day. Season passholders will have guaranteed daily access to the mountain. Discount season passes are still available through November 10. Daily lift tickets will be available online and must be purchased in advance. Tickets will be available on our website beginning in November.
What makes Mt. Spokane different?
Unlike other resorts in the region, Mt. Spokane Ski & Snowboard Park is a non-profit 501c3 organization. That means we are a mission-focused mountain, driven with purpose—to deliver lifelong mountain experiences for generations to come. We are a community, a family, and no matter your skill level, you are welcome here. Your dollars not only help operate the park but create programs, activities, and opportunities to teach and promote outdoor recreation.
Silver Mountain enjoyed a fantastic and healthy summer season with lots of people visiting Silver Mountain to bike, hike, play in the waterpark and take a scenic gondola ride. New for the 2020-21 ski season is:
- A new 640-foot-long covered double-wide conveyor lift has been installed between the beginner run and the tubing hill. The extra width allows us to get more people up the hill faster and the glass covering will make for a more comfortable and enjoyable day on the hill as it will protect riders from the elements.
- In June, a grand opening for the Silver Inn occurred. The former Silverhorn Motor Inn now has 40 completely remodeled hotel-style rooms, with king or double queen options. The Silver Inn offers a quality, affordable option for the Kellogg area.
- The Silver Mountain team has been busy brush-cutting runs all over the mountain to ensure we can open even with limited snowpack.
- Silver Mountain Resort has joined the Powder Alliance this year. This allows our pass holder three free visits at over 17 other western resorts.
- Silver Mountain Resort is again a member of the Indy Pass, which gives two days of lift tickets at 57 North American ski resorts to Indy Pass holders.
This will be the second year of the extremely popular Combo Pass with 49 Degrees North. This two-mountain value pass allows you to chase the powder and enjoy events at both of our resorts.
New at Ski Lookout Pass in 2020:
- Crews enhancing the glade skiing experience (thinning out dead wood etc.) in the Lucky Friday Glades & also on the sides of the Niagara trail.
- The maintenance & trail crew operated a stump grinder to help lower stumps height on trails including Marmot, Hoot Owl, Whitetail & Keystone. This cutting and grinding of stumps will allows for earlier openings of these trails for long into the future.
- Look for an updated food menu
- Offering guests, a quicker turn around on food with more Grab-&-Go options in our food court/deli.
- More food & drink options at our Summit Shack located at the top of the mountain a short distance from the unloading point for our Peak One Quad.
- More outside food and drink offerings given favorable weather for running a BBQ.
- More outside seating options around the base lodge decks with increased seats and tables.
- Possible remote ticket booths in the parking lot.
- Addition of Porta Pottys in strategic locations like close to the base of our Peak One Quad chairlift.
- Additional features to the terrain parks to keep the experience fresh and vibrant.
- Longer deadline, November 15th, to provide guests more time to score the best fall deal on affordable season passes.
- An additional 150 sets of new rental skis and boots, additional snowboards, demo skis and demo snowboards have been added to the rental fleet.
Eagle Peak Expansion Update:
- Work has been moving forward on this project and guests will see visible examples of this work next fall.
- All trails for the Eagle Peak expansion have been marked down their centerline as well as edge to edge to help define the perimeter for all the new trails.
- All new trails have been cruised and approved by the Forest Service.
- All these trails will be cut top to bottom next summer, including the two new lift lines.
- Stump piles from the trails that were cut last summer have been burned this past week.
- The lifts are scheduled for installation the summer of 2022.
- We should all be enjoying lift served skiing and snowboarding access to the Eagle Peak expansion terrain starting in the winter of 2022-23.
SkiNWrockies.com / 509-621-0119 voice / firstname.lastname@example.org